Associate Professor, Old Testament
PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
MDiv, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
BA, Columbia International University
Dr. Meade joined the Phoenix Seminary Faculty in 2012. He teaches courses in Hebrew Language and Old Testament Literature. He also teaches elective courses on the Septuagint and Biblical Theology. Dr. Meade’s research interests include Origen's Hexapla, the Septuagint, Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible, and Biblical Theology. He also presents papers at scholarly meetings such as SBL and the International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies. He and his wife serve as small group leaders and Sunday School teachers at Trinity Bible Church.
- The Biblical Canon Lists from Early Christianity: Texts and Analysis. Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming 2017 (coauthor Edmon L. Gallagher).
- A Critical Edition of the Hexaplaric Fragments of Job 22-42. Louvain: Peeters Publishers, forthcoming 2016.
- "The Meaning of Circumcision in Israel: A Proposal for a Transfer of Rite from Egypt to Israel." The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology 20.1 (2016): 35–54.
- "The Significance of Ra 788 for a Critical Edition of the Hexaplaric Fragments of Job." Pages 109–31 in XV Congress of the International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies: Munich, 2013. Edited by W. Kraus, M. Meiser, and M. van der Meer. SBLSCS 64, Atlanta: Scholars Press, 2016.
- Several articles on the Hexapla in The Textual History of the Bible, vol. 1 edited by Armin Lange and Emanuel Tov (Brill, online version, 2015; print version, forthcoming 2016).
- "Circumcision of the Flesh to Circumcision of the Heart: The Developing Typology of the Sign of the Abrahamic Covenant." Pages 127–158 in Progressive Covenantalism: Charting a Course between Dispensational and Covenant Theologies. Edited by Stephen Wellum and Brent Parker. Nashville: B & H, 2016.
- "Circumcision of the Heart in Leviticus and Deuteronomy: Divine Means for Resolving Curse and Bringing Blessing." The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology 18.3 (2014): 59–85.
- "Evaluating Evaluations: the Commentary of Biblia Hebraica Quinta and the Problem of holelot in Ecclesiastes 1:17," in Sophia-Paideia. Miscellanea di studi in onore del Prof Don. Mario Cimosa, a cura di Gillian Bonney e Rafael Vicent (Nuova Biblioteca di Sienze Religiose 34). Roma: Libreria Ateneo Salesiano, 2012. (coauthor Peter J. Gentry)
- Book reviews in Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society