- Concerning God: We believe there is one God, who eternally exists in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Concerning the Bible: We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testament are the authoritative Word of God based on an inspired text without error in the autographs.*
- Concerning the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ: We believe in the full deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father where He intercedes for us, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- Concerning the Human Condition: We believe all human beings are lost and sinful by nature. Consequently, salvation can only be accomplished by God’s grace through regeneration and justification by the Holy Spirit. Salvation cannot be earned. It is a gift from God, received only by faith in Jesus Christ.
- Concerning the Present Work of the Holy Spirit: We believe the indwelling Holy Spirit works the regeneration, sanctification and preservation of the Christian. His ministry is to glorify Jesus Christ and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- Concerning the Spiritual Unity of Believers: We believe the Church is the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- Concerning the Future: We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved unto eternal life and the lost to eternal condemnation.
* “Autograph” is a theological term referring to the original
Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek manuscripts of Scripture.
Phoenix Seminary students must affirm the above statement of faith. Phoenix Seminary’s resident faculty and senior administrators hold to a more detailed Faculty Teaching Position.