Phoenix Seminary provides students with internet access in classrooms, the Student Lounge, and the Library using wired ports or a wireless network. Student internet access is provided as a convenience and the Seminary does not guarantee compatibility of operation of this system. By using the Seminary’s network, students agree to comply with all of the provisions of the current Student Internet Policy.
- Students must have their own computer to utilize the network;
- Phoenix Seminary does not provide technical support for students;
- Phoenix Seminary accepts no responsibility regarding the ability of students to access the network;
- Printing services are not provided;
- Students may not connect their computers to the Seminary’s administrative network;
- Sending or downloading of any video or audio is prohibited;
- Students should not use the network for commercial work or for the broadcast of non-Seminary information;
- Phoenix Seminary may discontinue this service at any time;
- The wireless password (which changes monthly) is distributed through the Student Bulletin Email.
By using the Seminary’s network, students acknowledge that security errors and hacking are an inherent risk associated with any internet service. For that reason, by using the network students knowingly assume such risk, and further agree to hold the Seminary harmless for any claim or loss arising out of, or related to, any such instance of hacking or other unauthorized use or access into the student’s computer.
The Seminary does not guarantee the privacy of any information on this network. Communications will be monitored, or restricted as the Seminary deems necessary. Phoenix Seminary accepts no responsibility for any software downloaded and/or installed, e-mail opened, or sites accessed while students are using the network. Any damage done to the student’s computer from viruses, identity theft, spyware, plug-ins or other internet-associated programs is the sole responsibility of the student; and the student indemnifies and holds harmless the Seminary from any such damages.
Network communications are filtered, but offensive material may evade efforts to block it. Students are asked to refrain from displaying materials on their computers that may be interpreted as intimidating, hostile, offensive, or inappropriate. Transmission, reception, or display of any material of communications in violation of any U.S. or state regulation is prohibited, including unauthorized duplication of copyrighted material, access or dissemination of threatening or obscene material or of material protected as trade secrets.
The Seminary may provide data available to law enforcement if requested.