About the Fellowship
The Text & Canon Institute Fellowship is one-year scholarship and mentoring program for a student in the Phoenix Seminary ThM program who intends to pursue doctoral studies in Old or New Testament textual criticism, canon studies, or ancillary disciplines.
TCI Fellows work directly with the directors to implement the vision of the Text & Canon Institute and may participate with them in research, teaching, and other related duties. Fellows must have a previous Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree and must show a strong proficiency in the biblical languages.
The deadline for applications for Fall 2019 is May 7.
- A scholarship worth up to $10,000 for one year of the ThM program (in addition to any other scholarships or financial awards)
- Specific mentorship with the directors of the Text and Canon Institute and participation in appropriate research projects
- Opportunities to lecture at the master’s level
The TCI Fellow
- Will work with the directors in planning and implementing the vision of the Text & Canon Institute
- Must maintain a 3.5 GPA
- Acceptance into the Phoenix Seminary ThM program
- Strong proficiency in Greek and Hebrew
- Minimum 3.5 GPA (if coming from a U.S. school)
- Candidates with an intention to pursue doctoral work will receive preference