Dan completed his Master of Divinity in Biblical Communication in May 2010.
Alex and Ahmad are a pair of kids that come to Lifeline, a local, after-school ministry in Elkhart, IN. Just after a recent lesson, Alex turned to me and asked, “So, can Jesus save a kid if he’s done some bad things?”
“Even if he’s, like, cussed at his mom? ‘Cause I cussed at my mom this week.”
“Yep. Even if he’s cussed at his mom.”
“But what if He saves me and then I do something bad again?”
“Jesus died for all of your sins. If you do something bad again, tell God. I have to talk to Him about the bad stuff I’ve done every day. And Jesus tells us in the Bible that if we confess our sins, God forgives our sins. And it also says that when we get saved, God starts to change us so that we don’t do so many bad things.”
And then Ahmad–who had been tapping my shoulder for the entire discussion–cut in. “Dan, I have a question.”
“Can we ask Jesus to save us today?”
So, Alex and Ahmad asked Jesus to save them. And they still have a lot of questions. But they hear the gospel every week, since they live in Elkhart, which has over 160 churches. By God’s grace and through God’s people, they’ll grow, bear fruit, and seek Christ in all things. He who has called us is faithful.
Spanish kids rarely have such an opportunity. Many of them live in towns with no evangelical churches. Many of them have no exposure to the Bible. By God’s grace and with God’s people, we hope to change that. He who has called us is faithful.
We have a larger-than-normal number of prayer requests this month, so please pray with us:
1. That Alex & Ahmad would grow in faith and grace
2. That we would be able to raise all of our needed financial/prayer partnerships this summer
3. That the Spanish Visa process would progress smoothly
4. That we would learn a lot from our training at Mission Training International (May 12-June 9)
5. That our training would also be a time of refreshment
We are praising God for the following:
1. He has given us good appointments with potential ministry partners over the last couple weeks!
2. He has provided upcoming appointments as well!
3. He continues to provide opportunities to proclaim the gospel!
4. The weather has warmed up and this is good for our souls!
5. His mercies are new every morning!
Yours in Christ,
Dan & Anna Julian
P.S. You can now partner with our ministry online. Find out more at www.juliansabroad.com/partner-with-us.