The Library has seven PCs available for patron use: two stand-alone Pentium 4, 1 Gigabyte RAM units (speed of the system near the copy machine is 3.4 GHz, while the one in the Media room is 3.6 GHz); 5 Thin-Client solid state (green technology) 6 Watt units driven by a 4 Core 2.5 Gigahertz Xeon server with 8 Gigabytes of RAM. All PCs have jump-drive and audio access. Only the stand-alone PCs support video streaming and CD ROM / DVD capability, however video streaming is not authorized except by special permission.
Patrons who desire to insure availability of a specific computer should make a reservation with the Library staff. Computers can be reserved for two-hour time increments. All PCs have access to LibraryNet, our online catalog. Additional software available for use includes:
- Interactive multimedia biblical language helps (Greek and Hebrew Tutors);*
- LOGOS 3.0 Gold and BibleWorks 7.0 biblical language study tools;*
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae and Judaic Classic Library;*
- Internet Access on all computers;
- Galaxie Theological Journals, LOGOS 3.0 Scholars ed., and Galaxie Church History;
- Microsoft Office 2003 tools;*
- Microsoft Office 2007 tools;
- Encyclopedia Britannica 2008 Deluxe edition.*
*Available on the stand-alone computer (near the copy machine).
Currently there are approximately 6,700 dissertations / thesis on microfiche. The high-tech reader / scanner is located at the Patron Computer Center near our periodical area. Please ask for assistance to find dissertations of interest to you. Our ScanPro system can read, scan, and send to a high speed printer. JPG images can also be created by ScanPro.
Audio-video systems are available to patrons via reservation. Equipment includes a 19” flat-screen panel monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse for a high-speed computer with internet connectivity. Media capability includes DVD, VHS, CD, LP records, and MP3 files.