Welcome to the audio and photos from Phoenix Seminary’s twenty-third annual Commencement Ceremony are now online. If you weren’t able to attend, take a few moments to hear moving testimonies from two of our graduates (Edie Fluker and James Hoxworth) and a challenging message from Dr. Darryl DelHousaye, President of Phoenix Seminary.
Commencement Audio (.mp3s)
- Welcome and Invocation (Dr. Jacque Chadwick)
- Praise and Worship (Eric Dalrymple and the Shiloh Community Church Worship Team)
- Graduate Testimony (Edie Fluker)
- Graduate Testimony (James Hoxworth)
- Charge to the Graduates (Dr. Darryl DelHousaye)
- Presentation of Graduates (Dr. Bing Hunter)
- Benediction / Prayer for Graduates (Dr. Norm Wakefield)
Commencement Photos (.jpgs)
- Commencement Ceremony Official Photos (taken by Alan Todd)
- Commencement Ceremony Additional Photos (taken by Don Baltzer)
Thank you to all of you whose participation and prayers made last month’s Commencement Ceremony such a success. This occasion marked the completion of an important season of training and equipping for 32 men and women who have now been launched out into ministries that will impact thousands of people.
The following parties deserve special commendation:
- Scottsdale Bible Church for sharing their excellent facilities with us and especially Tanna Behling (Facilities Event Coordinator) for helping the event run smoothly;
- Pastor Eric Dalrymple and the Shiloh Community Church Worship Team for sharing their musical giftedness with us;
- Julie Keeling and her team from The Catering Connection for putting together another great arrangement of food;
- Alan Todd for once again volunteering his services as a professional photographer;
- Jenny Miller for helping with setup, sorting out the faculty regalia, and getting the faculty in line (literally);
- Edie Fluker and James Hoxworth for their moving testimonies of what God has done in their lives through Phoenix Seminary;
- Darryl DelHousaye for his words of exhortation to our graduates (and to us all);
- The Faculty and Seminary Leadership as a whole for patiently enduring yet another rehearsal;
- Jim Brown, Sharon Brown, Shannon Cox, and Julie Mitchell for serving as Greeters;
- Nate Bradley and David Massey for running PowerPoint;
- A host of others who helped collect regalia and clean up after the event.
Once again, thanks to everyone who volunteered their time and efforts to make this a top-notch celebration for our graduates and their families. Without your help this event would not have been possible. You are appreciated!
Given that compared to the graduating classes of previous years, this year’s group was somewhat smaller, I was pleased with the number of people who attended (somewhere around 460). I was also happy to see that the reception lasted longer than in past years. I left around 10:30pm and there were still quite a few people enjoying fellowship together.
If you wish, you may download higher resolution versions of each photo by clicking on the “Options” link at the bottom of the page, and then clicking “Download full size”. Once you have downloaded the photos you want, you can print them on your own, use an online photo printing service, or transfer them to a thumb drive and take them to a store to have prints made (i.e., Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Costco). If you’re making a very large print and need the original full resolution digital photos, let me know and I’ll send them to you.